Monday, January 21, 2013

What has the world become!?

January 21st... a day that I will remember for the rest of my life... 6 years ago, I lost my best buddy to a long-term illness!  A part of me has gone with him eventhough I know that he has gone to a better place with GOD.  Singapore has moved on (of course)... but it is strange to see that the challenges which plagued an average Singaporean have not changed at all.  In fact, you have more challenges and the old ones are still there... everything from high cost of living, lack of housing for the young couples, the increasing dependence on maids to raise children, the lack of proper care of the old, the ever fatter population!, etc.  It is a scary thought but I am not sure if anything will change 6 years from now.  Perhaps Andrew got it good by leaving a little earlier than me. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home