Monday, December 18, 2006

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow...



Ok... A week in nice powder-snow does a lot for the tired mind and (for me) it also gave me lots of bruises. All in all, it was a great family holiday in Club Med Sahoro - somewhat expensive if one considered those "Ken-Air"-type tours. This one was booked way early this year (so we did get some package discounts & also the dates that we wanted) as we had such a great time at Sahoro last year. After 2 days of walking round the mountain , I believed I have covered a significant part of the slopes coming down from the Gondola. On the 3rd day, I took my chances with the snowboard. Aside from the sored butt (because one has to fall to learn), I think I prefer snowboard to a pair of ski. Sure, it is harder to learn but snowboarding was much easier to improve once the balancing portion is learnt. For me, it was just done in a day in SB1 and then I was moved to SB2 which means trying to come down the green slope (there were plenty of moments during that decent in which I thought I was only to die). Anyhow, the next time I am on a snowy slope, it will be on a snowboard. Still, my first love in snow is still trekking... there is something about walking around the mountain with my snowshoes and a nice warm drink in my backpack... mmm... I think it is called "freedom" :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home